Lemon meringue tart – easy recipe
I’ve always loved the lemon meringue tart. From the very beginning when I started working in the kitchen, I observed the pastry chefs as they made it.
In the kitchen, the cooks are usually not great pastry chefs, and always consider the pastry a section of their own, where the recipe must be respected literally by the gram.
But they are right if you want to get an excellent result.
Don’t worry because this recipe is very easy and you can get the same result with a little bit of goodwill.
Are you ready to make lemon meringue tart?
Well, let’s get started and impress your guest!
Let’s start with the equipment:
Now that our equipment is ready and in sight. We can start with our ingredients.
You can find here how to make a Tart Crust
- 100 g Unsalted Butter
- 70 g Powdered Sugar
- 20 g Almond Flour
- 30 g Corn Flour
- 170 g Flour for Cakes
- 40 g Egg
- A Pinch of Salt
- Beat the butter and add the salt to the Blender Planetary mix lightly.
- Add Powdered sugar, Almond Flour, and Corn Flour.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Finally, add the cake flour and mix well.
- Roll it out to 2mm thickness between parchment papers. (2mm thickness for 10cm diameter).
- Rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Line the tart ring. Place it on a perforated mat.
- Bake at 160°C for 15mins. (Checking your oven often to get a nice and even color)
Now that we are done with our crust shell tart we can start preparing our Lemon Cream
- 100 g Lemon Juice
- 30 g Mango Puree
- 65 g Egg Yolk
- 110 g Whole Egg
- 95 g Sugar
- 80 g Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 2.5 g Gelatin Sheets
- Place the gelatin in cold water to soften
- Add into a saucepan lemon, mango puree, egg yolk, eggs, and sugar. Bring it up to a thick consistency(about 3 -4 minutes).
- Squeeze the gelatin removing the water and add it to the saucepan.
- Cools down to 40~45°C add in the butter and mix.
Now that we have finished our delicious lemon cream. our final ingredient is missing to complete our recipe that will make the end of our lunch or dinner a Michelin-star experience. It was worth it and I hope you are as excited as I am. Here we go!
Lemon Italian Meringue
- 30 g Water
- 117 g Sugar
- 65 g Egg White
- 25 g Sugar
- 20 g Lemon Juice
- 2 g Gelatin Sheets
- Place the gelatin in ice-cold water.
- Bring at 118°C syrup by boiling water(30g) and sugar (117g).
- Whip the egg white (65g) and sugar (25g)to make a French meringue.
- Add the gelatin to the syrup, after removing the water.
- Pour the sugar syrup into the meringue while whipping.
- Add the lemon juice and whip until it cools down.
Now we are here and we can think of assembling our fantastic Lemon meringue tart in this sequence:
1 Insert the lemon curd into the tart shells. Let it rest for a few hours.
2 Put the Italian meringue in a pipping bag and put it on top of your choice, letting your creativity unleash.
3 You can use a flame burner for cakes to minimally burn the Italian lemon meringue or simply add some lime zest to it that looks great on it.