How to Sous Vide Beef and Make a Celeriac Puree
Sous vide is a simple but often overlooked way to cook meat that results in tender and juicy results.
The technique involves cooking food in an airtight bag or sealed container in a water bath at a very precise temperature for a longer period of time than normal.
This method helps break down the collagen in meat so it’s tender and moist, rather than tough and dry.
There are many benefits to sous vide cooking, including the fact that it requires little active time from you. Make sure the steak is fully submerged in the bag of water and seal it shut.
This allows delicate flavors and textures in foods such as beef, chicken, fish, and vegetables to be preserved while retaining moisture.
With this method, you can also create sauces, gravies, etc., without having any extra fat on your dish.
You simply need to set the timer and you’re good to go. In this article, we discuss how to sous vide beef and make a celeriac puree as well as why you might consider doing so.
This rustic, earthy celeriac puree makes a delicious side dish for roasted meats or poultry. Celeriac is a knobby, off-white vegetable that has a mild flavor and slightly stringy texture. It can be enjoyed raw or cooked and is a good source of vitamins K and C.
This recipe is recommended for the winter months.
Ingredients Beef Cheek and celeriac puree
How to cook vacuum-packed beef cheeks and make a celeriac puree
- 1 Sous vide 75°C
- 1 Packet of Sous vide
- 1 Pot to cook the puree
- 1 Baking tray
- 1 Blender mixer
- 4 beef cheeks
- 2 sedano rapa, pelato e tagliato a cubetti
- 4 freshly squeezed orange juice
- 500 g raspberries
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Shallots chopped
- 1/2 l Double Cream
- 2 leaves Bay Leaf
- 1/2 bunch Thyme
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 g Sun-Blush Tomatoes
- Marinate the beef cheeks with oranges and raspberries for 12 hours on a sealed baking sheet.
- Clean the marinade from the beef cheeks and season with salt and pepper to taste. Close vacuum with thyme branches to give more flavor.
- Cook the beef cheeks for 17/18 hours at 75 ° C. Remove from the water and allow to cool slowly.
- Cook the celeriac, peeled and diced with the cream and bay leaf for 45 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Blanch the parsley for 5 seconds and let it cool in water and ice to keep the color. Blend with oil and a few drops of apple cider vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend the tomatoes with the oil until you get a cream
- Finally cut the cheeks into slices, at least I like to serve them like this. Like a sliced steak.Put the celeriac puree on the plate and sprinkle it with the sauces. Have fun as you like with the products on your plate and let your creativity be transmitted to the food.
Beef cheek is a delicious and relatively inexpensive cut of meat that can be cooked using the sous vide method. This article provides a recipe for sous vide beef cheek and discusses the benefits of this cooking method. If you are interested in trying this recipe, be sure to share our page for more delicious sous vide recipes and spread the love.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. And as always Buon Appetito!
More Recipes Quick Read:
- Rabbit ragù recipe with fresh pici pasta.
- Matcha panna cotta with blueberries
- How To Make A Classic Style Steak Tartare At Home
- How to Sous Vide Beef and Make a Celeriac Puree
- How to Cook Pappa Pomodoro and Seared Scallops
- Black Cod in Coconut Broth Soup
- Slow Cooked Octopus With Smoked Potato Cream And Parsley
- How To Make a Delicious Venison Tagliatelle Ragù